Vital Oxide has been authorized by HEALTH CANADA and the EPA for use against COVID-19. Learn More →
First Aid - If In Eye
WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET VITAL OXIDE IN YOUR EYE(S)
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses after the first 5 minutes and continue rinsing. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment.
Vital Oxide 32 oz.
- Coverage is 250 square feet if sprayed and 2,000 square feet if applied by an electrostatic sprayer or fogging device.
Vital Oxide Gallon (128 oz.)
- Coverage is 1,000 square feet if sprayed and 8,000 square feet if applied by an electrostatic sprayer or fogging device. Coverage area may vary because of surface type and application methods.
PRE-CLEANING WITH VITAL OXIDE
- Pre-cleaning is a required step for disinfection and mold and mildew removal. Gross filth and heavy soil must be removed by cleaning to allow Vital Oxide to make contact with the surface. You may pre-clean with Vital Oxide or a product of your choice using traditional methods. Be sure not to pre-clean with acidic products like vinegar as they may cause a bad reaction with Vital Oxide. The following are methods for pre-cleaning with Vital Oxide:
- Spray product straight onto soils, scrub, and wipe clean with a dry paper towel or cloth. For cleaning floors, add one cup product per gallon of water in bucket and clean with a sponge, mop, or pad. For spot cleaning non-porous surfaces, spray and wipe clean with a damp sponge, mop, or cloth.
WHEN TO USE FULL STRENGTH
- Vital Oxide comes Ready to Use (RTU) as a full-strength EPA hospital disinfectant for nonporous surfaces. Full strength is recommended for first-time use on surfaces. Full strength should also be used in environments with high rates of bacteria, mold, and mildew and in high traffic areas and touch points.
- If you are applying Vital Oxide for the first time on a surface to remove mold, mildew, bacteria, viruses, or odours, pre-clean the surface implementing traditional cleaning methods (e.g. using water and soap). Be sure not to use an acidic cleaner like vinegar because this may cause a bad reaction with Vital Oxide. You can also use Vital Oxide as a cleaner. Just spray onto the surface and wipe with a paper towel or rag.
9:1 FOOD-CONTACT & DAILY SURFACE SANITIZER
- Vital Oxide is a no-rinse non-porous, food-contact surface daily sanitizer.
- The 9:1 dilution is intended for everyday sanitization of high traffic areas like residential and commercial kitchens, bathrooms, and items within those areas like doorknobs, handrails, cutting boards and other food-contact surfaces, counter tops, etc.
- Dilute Vital Oxide 9-parts water to 1-part Vital Oxide and spray onto surfaces from a distance of 6-8 inches.
- For further instructions, refer to FOOD-CONTACT SURFACE SANITIZER and NON-FOODCONTACT, NON-POROUS SURFACE SANITIZER.
5:1 CARPET & RUG SANITIZER
- The 5:1 dilution is intended for carpet sanitization and to pre-treat carpet for stain and odour removal. This application is essential for households with children and pets to prevent the spread of illnesses and cross contamination of surfaces.
- Carpet should be clean or free of excessive soil before applying. Dilute Vital Oxide 5-parts water to 1-part Vital Oxide and spray onto surfaces from a distance of 6-8 inches. Work the product down to the pad of the carpet with a rake or a brush and allow enough ventilation to air dry. Fans may be used to dry the carpet faster. Repeat process as needed.
TO DISINFECT NON-POROUS SURFACES
- Follow these instructions for disinfecting pre-cleaned, hard, non-porous surfaces such as glass, plastic, painted wood, laminate, chrome, stainless steel, polyurethane coated hardwood floors, glazed ceramic tile, sealed concrete, and linoleum floors, exterior of appliances, bed frames, cabinet handles, wheelchairs, child car seats, counters, cribs, doorknobs, tables, tubs, exterior toilet surfaces, faucet handles, handrails, jungle gyms, keyboards, light switch covers, patio furniture, showers, sinks, stovetops, telephones, toys, walls, and waste containers.
- Vital Oxide must come in contact with the contaminant to effectively disinfectant the surface. Remove any surface barrier between Vital Oxide and the contaminant such as dirt, grime, or organic matter by cleaning before the disinfection application. Vital Oxide may be used for this pre-cleaning step.
- To disinfect pre-cleaned, hard, non-porous surfaces, apply Vital Oxide full-strength (undiluted), wetting thoroughly with spray, sponge, mop, or by immersion in solution. Allow surfaces to remain wet for 5 minutes or 10 minutes for virus inactivation (refer to the viruses table for contact times). Allow surfaces to remain wet for 10 minutes for bacterial disinfection. For immersion, replace solution daily, or more frequently if it becomes significantly soiled or diluted.
- Tuberculocidal: For Mycobacterium Bovis-BCG disinfection, the surface must remain wet with product for 10 minutes.
- For further instructions, refer to HOSPITALS & HEALTHCARE FACILITIES.
FUNGICIDE, MOLD & MILDEW KILLER
TO KILL FUNGUS ON HARD, NON-POROUS SURFACES
- Remove visible surface dirt by cleaning. Apply Vital Oxide to the surface until thoroughly wet. The surface must be completely wet with product for 10 minutes. Re-apply when cleaning or when new growth appears. For effective control of the fungus Trichophyton interidigitale, the surface must be completely wet with product for 10 minutes.
TO KILL AND PREVENT MOLD AND MILDEW
- MILDEWSTAT for mold or mildew on floors, walls, ceilings and fabric
- Product must come in contact with mold or mildew to be effective. Remove as much visible surface dirt, grime, mold, or mildew as possible by cleaning. Then spray Vital Oxide onto the surface from a distance of 12 inches until visibly wet. The surface must be completely wet with product for 10 minutes. Allow ventilation to air dry.
FOOD-CONTACT SURFACE SANITIZER
TO SANITIZE FOOD-CONTACT SURFACES
- Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538) and Escherichia coli (ATCC 11229) 99.999% sanitization of food-contact surfaces
- Mix 1-part Vital Oxide to 9-parts water. For all food contact surfaces, including glassware, utensils, cookware, and dishware, scrape and pre-wash, then wash with a good detergent. Rinse with potable water, then sanitize by immersion in product for 1 minute (or longer if specified by government sanitary code). Place on a rack or drain board to air dry. Do not rinse or wipe.
- For food-contact immobile surfaces (food processing equipment, counter tops, tables, appliances), remove all gross food particles and soil by cleaning and rinse with potable water. Apply Vital Oxide by wetting thoroughly and let stand for 1 minute (or longer if specified by government sanitary code). Let surfaces drain and air dry. Do not rinse or wipe.
NON-FOOD-CONTACT, NON-POROUS SURFACE SANITIZER
TO SANITIZE NON-FOOD CONTACT, HARD NON-POROUS SURFACES
- Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538) and Enterobacter aerogenes (ATCC 13048) 99.9% sanitization of non-food-contact and non-porous surfaces
- Mix 1-part Vital Oxide with 9-parts water. Apply Vital Oxide as a one-step cleaner sanitizer (5% organic soil load) by wetting thoroughly and let stand 5 minutes. Wipe and allow to air dry. No rinse required.
CARPET & RUG SANITIZER
TO SANITIZE CARPETS
- Vital Oxide is used to sanitize and eliminate stains, odour, urine, and feces from carpet.
- For synthetic carpet fibers such as nylon, olefin, or polypropylene, test for colour fastness in an inconspicuous area. Not intended for use on wool carpets. Carpet must be cleaned and free of excessive dirt and soil prior to application to allow product to come into contact with the contaminate.
- Mix 1-part Vital Oxide to 5-parts water or use full strength. Apply at a rate of 2.5 oz per sq. ft. Dampen but do not saturate. Work the product down to the pad of the carpet with a rake or a brush. Allow to dwell for 60 minutes. Do not rinse. You may use an extraction wand and dry stroke carpet to remove excess moisture. Allow enough ventilation to air dry or use fans to dry carpet faster. Repeat process as needed.
- * To sanitize carpet using a device, see manufacturer’s instructions for use.
TO SANITIZE CARPET BY SPOT TREATMENT
- Hold bottle upright 6-8 inches from surface. Spray a light even coating on soiled area until wet. DO NOT SATURATE. Allow to remain wet for 60 minutes. Gently blot area with a clean, damp, color-safe cloth. Repeat as needed for stubborn stains. Let air dry.
- Visible soil must be removed prior to sanitizing.
TO DEEP CLEAN CARPET
- Spray a light even coating over soiled area until wet. Allow to remain wet for 60 minutes. Deep clean following your machine’s guide.
SOFT SURFACE SANITIZER
TO SANITIZE SOFT SURFACES BY SPOT TREATMENT
- To sanitize soft surfaces such as fabric and upholstery, hold bottle upright 6-8 inches from surface. Spray until fabric is wet. DO NOT SATURATE. Work into fabric and let stand for 5 minutes. Allow to air dry. For difficult odours or heavy fabrics, repeat application.
TO DEODORIZE (GENERAL)
- Effective on harsh odours such as tobacco, fire smoke, musty odours, cooking odours, sports equipment, and pet urine, Vital Oxide cuts to the source of the odours on a molecular level.
- Vital Oxide works by oxidation, not by masking of odours. Product must come into contact with the cause of the odour to be effective. Simply spray, fog, or wipe on full strength and let air dry to provide long lasting residual deodorizing action. When fogging to deodorize, apply 1 quart per 2,000 cubic ft. following fogger manufacturer’s directions for use.
- For pet urine stains in carpet, blot urine as dry as possible then saturate stain with product through carpet pad.
TO DEODORIZE AND FRESHEN CARPET
- Spray until slightly damp to eliminate odours. Product must come in contact with the cause of the odour to be effective.
HVAC SYSTEMS & AIR DUCTS
FOR ANTIMICROBIAL CONTROL IN HVAC SYSTEMS AND AIR DUCTS
- Use to treat odour causing bacteria, mold fungus, and odour causing fungi in furnaces; air handlers; packaged units including rooftops and packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) units; fan coil units; air distribution components such as air handlers, mixing boxes, transfer boxes, transitions, and turning vanes, dampers, fans and fan housings, and associated components; condensate drain pans; unlined sheet metal ducts; air supply and return ducts and plenums fabricated with plywood, OSB or other wood like material; flexible air ducts fabricated of metal or plastic; humidifiers; dehumidifiers (both desiccant and refrigerated); registers, grills, and other air intake and discharge devices.
- Although Vital Oxide will not stain any material not stained by water, we suggest testing for compatibility on surface of concern first.
- To disinfect surface, remove any grime, dirt, mold, or other barrier between Vital Oxide and surface. Wet surface with the spray, giving special attention to cracks and crevices. Allow 10 to 20 minutes for drying. No rinsing or wiping is required. Following the elapsed drying time, it is best practice to purge the system by increasing the negative pressure through the outdoor exhaust or negative air machine or by turning on the vacuum used to pre-clean the HVAC system, while removing the duct openings seals. This will minimize the release of scent into the spaces served by the system.
- To deodorize HVAC system ductwork, spray product into system intake vents while system fan is running. Allow enough spray time for product to contact air duct system surfaces. Repeat application as necessary.
- Normally, infrequent application (every 3 months for HVAC Systems and every 6 months to every two years for air ducts) will provide effective control. Some critical applications such as HVAC and duct systems serving critical healthcare spaces or clean rooms where it is essential to minimize the generation of particulate matter that may be released as a byproduct of microbial growth may require more frequent treatment. Do not apply more often than monthly, and then only if there is evidence of re-growth. This product must only be used in those cases where visible microbial growth has been detected in the system and then only after removing that growth and identifying and correcting the conditions that led to that growth. Prior to reapplication in such cases, investigate to determine the cause of re-growth and correct that problem prior to re-application. Make sure the reoccurrence of microbial growth does not have another cause such as persistently high humidity, standing water, or hidden leaks.
- Prior to reapplication, the interior of the ducts and other surfaces must be inspected and found to be free of accumulated soil. If soil or growth is found, the cause should be determined and corrected and then the ducts cleaned in accordance with accepted industry practice. If microbial growth persists in air ducts following application, re-inspect for duct leaks, carryover of water from cooling coils or humidifiers, and other sources of moisture promoting growth. Eliminate such sources of moisture before retreating.
ALLERGEN REMOVAL & CONTROL
TO REDUCE SPECIFIED ALLERGENS
- Spray and wait 1 minute. Wipe excess. Allow to air dry.
HOSPITALS & HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
- Vital Oxide cleans, disinfects and deodorizes hard, nonporous hospital and medical surfaces in one step with no rinsing required. Vital Oxide is a germicidal disinfectant cleaner and deodorant designed for general cleaning and disinfecting of hard, nonporous inanimate surfaces when use-directions for disinfection are followed.
- SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING AND DECONTAMINATIONS AGAINST HIV-1, HBV, and
- HCV ON SURFACES/OBJECTS SOILED WITH BLOOD/BODY FLUIDS: PRODUCT KILLS HIV-1, HBV,
- AND HCV ON PRE-CLEANED ENVIRONMENTAL SURFACES/OBJECTS PREVIOUSLY SOILED WITH
- BLOOD/BODY FLUIDS IN HEALTH CARE SETTINGS OR OTHER SETTINGS IN WHICH THERE IS
- EXPECTED LIKELIHOOD OF SOILING OF INANIMATE SURFACES/OBJECTS WITH BLOOD OR BODY
- FLUIDS AND SURFACES/OBJECTS LIKELY TO BE SOILED WITH BLOOD OR BODY FLUIDS THAT CAN BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR TRANSMISSION OF HUMAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS TYPE 1 (HIV-1) (ASSOCIATED WITH AIDS), AND HUMAN HEPATITIS A, B AND C VIRUS. WHEN HANDLING ITEMS SOILED WITH BLOOD OR BODY FLUIDS, USE DISPOSABLE LATEX GLOVES, GOWNS, MASKS, AND EYE COVERINGS.
- THIS PRODUCT IS NOT TO BE USED AS A TERMINAL STERILANT/HIGH LEVEL DISINFECTANT ON
- ANY SURFACE OF INSTRUMENT THAT (1) IS INTRODUCED DIRECTLY INTO THE HUMAN BODY,
- EITHER INTO OR IN CONTACT WITH THE BLOODSTREAM OR NORMALLY STERILE AREAS OF THE
- BODY, OR (2) CONTACT INTACT MUCOUS MEMBRANES BUT WHICH DOES NOT ORDINARILY PENETRATE THE BLOOD BARRIER OR OTHERWISE ENTER NORMALLY STERILE AREAS OF THE BODY.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING PROCEDURES
- Vital Oxide removes dirt, grime, fungus, mold, food residue, blood and other organic matter commonly found in hospitals and in health care facilities. It also eliminates odours leaving restroom surfaces smelling clean and fresh. Use where odour is a problem. Vital Oxide may be used to pre-clean or decontaminate critical or semi-critical medical devices prior to sterilization of high-level disinfection. Blood and other body fluids must be thoroughly cleaned from surfaces and objects prior application of this product.
- To disinfect pre-cleaned, hard, non-porous surfaces, apply Vital Oxide full-strength (undiluted), wetting thoroughly with spray, sponge, mop, or by immersion in solution. Allow surfaces to remain wet for 5 or 10 minutes for virus inactivation (refer to the viruses table for contact times). Allow surfaces to remain wet for 10 minutes for bacterial disinfection. For immersion, replace solution daily, or more frequently if it becomes significantly soiled or diluted.
- Tuberculocidal: For Mycobacterium Bovis-BCG disinfection, the surface must remain wet with product for 10 minutes.
DISPOSAL OF INFECTIOUS MATERIALS
- Blood and other body fluids should be autoclaved and disposed of according to Federal, Provincial, and local regulations for infectious waste disposal.
PREPARE SPRAYER SOLUTION
- Dilute sprayer chemical as required, mixing enough solution for your application (see dilution ratios). Twist tank counterclockwise 90 degrees to remove powerhead. Add liquid and replace powerhead, making sure tank gasket is in place.
CONNECT TO ELECTRIC SOURCE
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
- If you need a longer power cord, we recommend a garden-type extension cord. Do not use one that is cut, frayed or otherwise damaged. To prevent accidental unplugging, knot the two cords, or use a cord retainer available at many hardware stores at a modest cost.
- Slide the power switch to the "on" position. A fine mist will form. Adjust the control knob for the droplet sizes ranging from coarse droplets, which settle quickly, to fine spray particles which can float a long distance. The control knob also regulates the liquid flow rate. After setting the droplet size, you can calculate the liquid flow rate by timing how long it takes to dispense a measured amount of liquid.
- If possible, apply your application in still air. Otherwise, your chemical may be blown off target. Use an even sweeping motion making certain to cover the entire target area. Do not overapply. Since a fine mist is difficult to see, it is usually better to calculate spraying time and volume from the liquid flow rate than to rely on visible indications.
- When finished spraying, remove and empty tank. Open the control knob and run the unit a few seconds to discharge any liquid remaining in the internal lines. If you have been spraying liquids containing solids or polymers, residue is likely to accumulate. Flush residues from internal lines by running unit with clean water (or the appropriate solvent) briefly.
VICTORY ELECTROSTATIC SPRAYER INSTRUCTIONS
- To start the use of the Victory Cordless Electrostatic Sprayer, first charge your battery by inserting the Victory 16.8-volt battery into the charger and plugging the charger into a wall socket.
- Next fill the tank by first removing it from the unit by rotating the tank locking collar and pulling the tank release ring. The tank can now be removed. Note: you must hold on to the tank when you pull the tank release ring, or the tank will fall to the floor.
- Fill the tank with the desired liquid.
- Insert the tank into the sprayer and rotate the tank locking collar until you hear the click of the tank release ring snap into place.
- Insert the charged battery into the battery socket and lock in place.
- Pull the trigger and spray on your desired surface.
- To insure maximized electrostatic performance, always keep your hand firmly wrapped around the handle in contact with the grounding strap.
STORAGE & DISPOSAL
STORING VITAL OXIDE & EXPIRY DATE
- Store in original closed container in a cool, dry place away from heat and open flame. Do not allow product to become overheated in storage. Avoid prolonged storage temperature above 40°C or 90°F. This may cause increased degradation of the product, which will decrease product effectiveness.
- Vital Oxide shelf-life if storage instructions are followed:
- 2 years (24 months) unopened
- 1 year (12 months) opened
- Refill only with this product. Do not reuse or refill this container unless the directions for use allow a different (concentrated) product to be diluted in the container.
- Rinse and offer empty container for recycling. If recycling is not available, discard container in trash. Wastes resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility. Discard excess or used product solution in drain with running water.
← Back to Vital Oxide
As operators of a childcare centre and private school, concerns for the well being of all our students and staff became even more important with the COVID 19 outbreak.
We contacted Terry when researching options for disinfecting and sanitizing our schools. Terry was extremely knowledgeable and informative. In cross referencing his products with others on the market, his machines and cleaning solution stood out as being the best!
The foggers will assist us in continuing to provide a safe, clean environment to all our students on a daily basis.
Barrie Montessori & Elementary Private School
We are so pleased with not only the amazing customer service from Terry and Lana, but are amazed at the use and strength of this product. I am the owner of 4 Childrens Therapy Treatment Clinics in Barrie and this product has not only safe guarded the children that attend our center, but has also allowed me to safely operate my clinics in a way that I may not have, otherwise been able to.
The use of this product is so safe for our staff and children that attend our clinics, its quick and its effective.
I am forever thankful that I was able to find a product like Vital Oxide in order to keep my location safe and healthy, this will be the new norm in our buildings and I could not be happier to be using such a wonderful, safe and effective product. Thank you Lana and Terry!
Amanda Baysarowich DSW, ADTP, ABS Founder and Director, IBI Behavioural Services
I couldn’t be happier with my recent purchase through Safe Disinfecting Solutions Inc. The customer service was fantastic! Terry and Lana were responsive and knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with. When I picked up my order, they took the time to ensure that I understood how to properly use the product and fogger with hands-on training and documents provided for me to take away. I own a child care centre and have purchased a fogger and Vital Oxide to provide an extra layer of protection for the children in our program. It’s safe, it’s healthy, it’s easy to use – what’s not to love! The health and well being of the children and staff at my school will always come first, and I am so happy to have found a product like Vital Oxide to be able to do just that. I look forward to working with Safe Disinfecting Solutions Inc. for many years to come and highly recommend!
Michelle Jollymore RECE Owner of My Pre Academy